[stella] C64

Subject: [stella] C64
From: Glenn Saunders <krishna@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 1997 10:06:09 -0700 (PDT)
On Thu, 2 Oct 1997, Robin Harbron wrote:
> Coding really intense video tricks on the C64 is very much
> like coding the 2600 - you're hitting video registers on

I think only a select few C64 games attempt this sort of thing.  It's not
what the C64 was designed for.  With only 16 hardcoded colors and no
larger palette to shift around, the C64 doesn't really benefit from this,
at least as far as background color register changes, and has no hardware
assistance towards that end the way the Atari 800 does.

I'd be interested in knowing exactly what you can get on the C64 by doing
this.  Sprite stuff?