Re: [stella] doom

Subject: Re: [stella] doom
From: Jim Crawford <pfister@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 20:37:25 -0800 (PST)
> >How do I get a copy of Doom for my Atari 2600?
> Write it :)

curious.. what do you think is the closest the 2600 could come to doom?

i tried coding for the 2600 a week or so ago.. i found that writing games
like combat is easier than most documentation lead me to expect, but..
even with source available, i can't figure out how to write games with
several sprites per line, or high resolution graphics (for example, the
"retroware" and "okie dokie" graphics in okie dokie).

i would think some sort of chunky 3d game could be implemented, drawing
the image in the playfield, possibly using sprites to smooth it out.

--
pf / green grapes / xantis
"The PowerPC is something that should be shown to small children when