Re: Vectrex developers Kit / virtual vectrex poject...

Subject: Re: Vectrex developers Kit / virtual vectrex poject...
From: clay@xxxxxxxxx (Clay Cowgill)
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 09:42:15 -0800
In article <64sk19$au7@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Glenn Saunders
<krishna@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The mortal Clay Cowgill wrote:
> : Sure.  At this point I'm doubting I'll ever finish Moon Lander "properly",
>
> Say it ain't so!
>
> Let me just say that it may not take a long time to get a game going, but
> it takes a long time to finish a game.  I run stellalist and the game
> "Oystron" has been in the final stages of development.  The author has
> already burnt out on it and wanted to let it go, but we pushed him to
> change this or that.  Because of his perseverance, the game really has a
> polished and professional feel to it.
>
> Please don't give up on Moon Lander.

Well, here's the trade off...  I'm neck-deep in hardware projects at the
moment (still finishing off Star Wars/ESB kits, and my new Sega Multigame
hardware and menu system is ready) so if I wait to work on Moon Lander
more it could take months and months for me to get to it and finish it.
The current state of the code is:

Completely finished except for...

Opening animation (not *really* required, but it'd be nice.  It's a
countdown that goes with the "4,3,2,1 We have ignition!" samples).
Level design  (Need about 10 more?)
Sound (yes, I ripped all the sound code out.  Again.)

Soooo, I dunno.  I suppose if anyone was *really* interested I could give
out the Microsoft Excel spreadsheet that is used to design levels (yeah, a
little weird, I know-- there's lots of table-driven math) and people could
send them to me.  That'd save some time.

Sound.  Programming Vectrex sound just annoys me. (So I keep putting it
off)  It really pisses me off that I can't use the BIOS music routines
with "normal" sound effects without severe pain and suffering... ;-)

I'm open to suggestions...

-Clay

Clayton N. Cowgill                                Engineering Manager
/\ Diamond Multimedia Systems, Inc.                    clay@xxxxxxxxx
\/ Communications Division                      http://www.supra.com/