Re: [stella] Who we are

Subject: Re: [stella] Who we are
From: Robin Harbron <macbeth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 1997 08:55:34 -0500
I'm 25, with wife Carla and 3 month old daughter
Rianna, and cat Annie.  I'm an Internet support
fella at an independent phone company in Thunder
Bay, Ontario, Canada.  I've got most of my comp.
sci. degree :)

My #1 love in the computer realm is the C64, and
my favourite dedicated games system is the Atari
2600 - when I found out people were able to
program the 2600 without messing about with EPROMs,
etc, and that it had a 65xx processor in it, I
was amazed!  I bought myself a Supercharger,
printed up all the documentation I could find on
the Internet about both the SC and the 2600,
made my C64->SC transfer routines, and started
working on a bit of a game.

I've got about a dozen C64 projects on the go,
but every now and then I'll work on the 2600.

I don't want to sound too bold, but I think my
development system is the fastest, easiest
system around for the SC.  You're right there,
in the editor working on your source, it takes
_2_ keypresses to assemble, and _1_ more to
play out your binary into the SC - no mousing
around, no saving out files here and there,
swapping windows etc.  :)  Just thought I'd
let you know - many people seem to think it'd
be tedious or impossible to do this on a C64.

You guys who are actively working on stuff:
you're a huge encouragement - it's the idea
of others working on the same sort of project -
even better, getting to see works in progress,
it's great!
--
Robin Harbron <robinh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
    http://www.tbaytel.net/macbeth