Re: [stella] Screen shots

Subject: Re: [stella] Screen shots
From: Nick S Bensema <nickb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 1998 19:38:41 -0700 (MST)

>>>Perhaps we wouldn't need any more than 320x200 anyway.  Instead of doubling
>>>the pixels to create 160x200, we just switch from venetian blinds to
>>>vertical blinds and put the even-numbered scanlines on even-numbered
>>>columns.  Piece of cake.
>
>Er, _possibly_.  Definitely easy to code.  Problem is that the gaps in the
>blinds would be almost twice as large (we have to fit fewer pixels in a
>larger space horizontally than vertically.)  Dunno how good it would
>look...

I don't know about you guys, but I would notice it less if it were done
this way.  And it would neither decrease the effective resolution of the
display, nor would it require any additional resolution.  It might even
make the code a little faster since we no longer have to double pixels
to make them solid.