Re: [stella] my lost game

Subject: Re: [stella] my lost game
From: Ruffin Bailey <rufbo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 98 12:59:35 -0500
>This is the latest version (unreleased, if I remember correctly) of my very
>first project, "Mondo Pong", an evil variation on the Pong theme.

Even though Stella doesn't support paddles, I gave it a shot.  Looks
hilarious!!!  I even scored one just sitting there watching.

As an aside, and even though I'll probably look it up right after I
connect and mail this, does anyone know which Activision Action Pack
volumes have games with paddle controllers?  I think there's at least
one.  I have Vol. 2, which doesn't.  I've used ResEdit in the past to
play other ROM's, and was thinking until Stella has paddle support,
another ActPac might hold a temporary solution for testing paddle games.

[Back to Mondo Pong] I think MP ought to go on someone's site... heck I
got that tetris26 from somewhere and it's nothing to get excited about
(read: lots less fun that this).  Might add some "bumpers" or something
in the middle of the PF on some of the variations.  If you absolutely
don't have time, I feel confident I could do that if you lend me the code
for a while...  though not in the immediate future.

My only question is why you think this variation is "evil"?  Perhaps
"misunderstood".  We should never be scared of what we don't understand.
Talk to Mondo Pong, become his/her friend, and then come to a conclusion.
 ;)

Thanks for the bin!

Ruffin Bailey