Re: [stella] a $16 question...

Subject: Re: [stella] a $16 question...
From: Ruffin Bailey <rufbo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 98 19:53:24 -0500
>On Tue, 27 Jan 1998, Piero Cavina wrote:
>> That might be too much. I was told on #rgvc that the right price would be
>> $15, but not for me I think. Other opinions?
>
>If it gets a high quality label and booklet for it, it's worth more.
>People don't realize how expensive it is do to color graphic art.

But the question is not, "How much is the cart, materials plus sweat,
worth?" but, rather, "What price maximizes profits for said sweat?"  Or
at least that's what I'd assume the question is.  Therefore there might
not be a market for something with "a high quality label and booklet", or
at least that market does not (apparently) reach over about $20 shipped.

I do remember reading something about Qystron coming out in a 6k SC
version.  Is that still on the drawing board, or is this cart the final
version?  Maybe a "director's cut" on tape ;) !!

And let me just add this:  This _is_ a great game.  I finally read the
instructions, and boy am I glad I did.  The game is frenzied and well
thought out, and the controls just beg a joystick on an actual Atari.
If, in answering the $16 question, you are thinking about what you'd pay
"for a new Atari game", you should reconsider and decide what you'd pay
for "one of the most playable games to _ever_ be released for the Atari."
 Because that's what this one is.

Ruffin Bailey