Re: [stella] Something I jsut thought of....

Subject: Re: [stella] Something I jsut thought of....
From: Eckhard Stolberg <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 1998 14:19:29 +0200
At 00:27 12.04.98 -0400, you wrote:

>Ahh, but is this delay present in other keyboard games (Basic Programming,
>Codebreaker, Concentration, etc.) or is it only in Star Raiders -- a game
>that seems to be pushing the 2600 to what then was a high level... perhaps
>the controllers are not so hard to read, but just not read as often as
>the joystick...

They are that hard to read. To read one keyboard controller you
have to write out which row to read, wait for 400ms and then
check all three buttons in that row from three different read
ports. If you have to do that for four row each on two controllers,
that takes quite some processor cycles.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg