Re: [stella] Megacart Specs

Subject: Re: [stella] Megacart Specs
From: bwmott@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 1998 09:26:51 -0400 (EDT)
> >That would allow volume samples or more complex graphics like in
> >Pitfall2.
>
> More complex graphics from the Pitfall2 extra chip? How is this possible?

It has some sort of pointer registers in it.  The idea is that you set
the register to point somewhere in the ROM then each time you read
from the register it automatically increments the pointer to the next
address.  This saves you from having to do that manually.  These pointer
registers also have bounds on them I believe.  When the pointer is outside
the bounds the data read is always zero.

Brad

Bradford W. Mott (bwmott@xxxxxxx)          Computer Science Department
http://www4.ncsu.edu/~bwmott/www           North Carolina State University