Re: [stella] RESPx and player positions

Subject: Re: [stella] RESPx and player positions
From: Eckhard Stolberg <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 17:03:30 +0200
At 13:08 22.04.98 -0400, you wrote:

>Hum.... I thought HBLANK lasted 68 color clocks?  So wouldn't 22 * 3 = 66
>still be during HBLANK or am I counting something wrong?

When I wrote trick.a65, I didn't do much cycle counting. I positioned
the STA RESP0 at the earliest cycle possible by trial and error. I
only noticed that it was cycle 22, when you brought it up.

It might be possible, that the TIA finishes it's setup routine already
at cycle 22, since cycle 23 ends one pixel in the display.

This would explain the stange gun position in Atlantis. The
RESPx might end at cycle 22, which would be 2 pixels before
display time. If we add the strange 5 pixel offset, the gun
would be at pixel 3. The HMOVE of 3 pixels to the left, that
you mentioned, would put the gun right at pixel 1.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg