[stella] PCX2GRP 0.1 alpha

Subject: [stella] PCX2GRP 0.1 alpha
From: Eckhard Stolberg <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 20:30:38 +0200
This is an early version of a little tool, that I wrote. I
have not done much testing with it yet, so it might still have
some bugs.

PCX2GRP converts PCX pictures into sprite data for use with
assemblers. You start it with: PCX2GRP [options] file1.pcx file2.asm

It interprets all pixels with a colour between 0 and 127 as
player data and all pixels with a colour between 128 and 255
as background. The PCX file has to be 320*200 pixels with 256
colours. In the ZIP file there are two PCX files that have
a proper palette for NTSC and PAL. These files also have the
background filled with colour 128.

The sprites are 8 pixels wide and can be up to 200 lines tall.
Multiple sprites can be arranged from the left to the right
and then from the top to the bottom. Scanning starts in the
top left corner.

The command line options are:
-x##    to set the number of sprites in one line
-y###   to set the number of sprites in one 8 pixel column
-h###   to set the hight for the sprites
-r#     to set the number of pixels in the PCX file, that
        represent one pixel in the player data. That is
        usefull if you want to draw double width players
        etc correctely.
-d      If you have drawn sprites with double scanline resolution,
        you can use this option to skip the scanning of every second
        line.
-c      to subpress the output of colour data
-o      to have the individual sprites scanned from the top
        to the bottom. Default is bottom to top.
-a      to generate output for the ASM6502 assembler.
        Default is output for DASM.

I hope this is usefull to someone. If you find any bugs or have
any suggestions, please let me know about it.

Thanks, Eckhard Stolberg