[stella] Supercharger internals...

Subject: [stella] Supercharger internals...
From: bwmott@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 16:09:20 -0400 (EDT)
Hi!

Well, I've improved the TIA emulation is Stella quite a bit now.  The
main thing that remains is to experiment on a real 2600 to see what
happens when HM?? registers are changed near an HMOVE.  Looks like
GI Joe uses this alot to draw the snake.

Now, I'd like to spend a week or two on improving the Supercharger
support.  So I thought it would be good to revisit an almost year
old discussion about Supercharger internals :-)

I reviewed all of the various posting about the Supercharager today
and one question I'd like to ask is what instruction sequences are
people using to write to Supercharger RAM.  I believe the following
work and I know the instructions are not that important the key is
the addressing modes:

  lda $f000,x
  nop
  sta $ff00

  lda $f000,x
  sta ($80),y

Has anyone used:

  ldx #$01
  lda $f000,y
  sta ($80,x)

or

  ldx #$00
  lda $f000,y
  sta ($80,x)

I'm wondering if both of these work or if just the last one.  Ahh. Time
for some more experiments :-)

Later,
Brad

Bradford W. Mott (bwmott@xxxxxxx)          Computer Science Department