Re: Re: [stella] WAV to BIN?

Subject: Re: Re: [stella] WAV to BIN?
From: <kurt.woloch@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 May 1998 17:02:38 +0200
On Thu May  7 15:08:51 1998, Bob Colbert wrote:

>At 09:42 AM 5/7/98 +0200, you wrote:
>>I've just been sent a WAV file by e-mail which is supposed to run on a
>>Supercharger. The problem is that I don't have a supercharger. Does
>>anyone know if it's possible to convert a WAV file back to a BIN?
>
>Yes, it's possible.  I wrote a program to do it a while back.  It's much
>more difficult than bin->wav though!  My program keyed on a certain type of
>.wav file, I think 44khz mono 8-bit, and had about 7 parameters you had to
>enter.  Basically what you are doing is digitally remastering the .wav
>file!  I can throw the program out for public consumption, but I make no
>guarantee on functionality :)  The program is written in C, and on a 14mhz
>Amiga it would take upwards of 10 to 15 minutes to convert a .wav to a .bin.

Erm... fortunately I've GOT an Amiga, but only a 500 - on which it will
run for about 20-30 minutes then?!! I hope it runs there at all! Anyway,
if it's coded in C, would it be possible to compile it for the PC?

With love (and still a WAV file to convert in order to 'evaluate' it -
guess which it is...),
Kurt Woloch