Re: Re: Re: Re: [stella] playfield on-the-fly updates

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: [stella] playfield on-the-fly updates
From: <kurt.woloch@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 11:51:28 +0200
>> OK, then it is important. Anyway, they change color, and there are up to
>> two of them on one scanline.
>> But I don't think they are the two player's missiles, 'cause then one of
>> them would have to be red, like Q*bert, who is one of the players. I
>> think they're either the other player and its missile, the other player
>> or missile - with multiple copies - or the ball - with in-line color
>> changes to the cube body - and the other player or missile.
>
>Well, inline color changes could be done between the disc and Q*bert just
>as easily as between the disc and playfield.  They can't be the other
>player, cause that's used for the enemies,right?

That's right. But I think Dan Boris now figured it all out, so we don't
have to worry. The only thing still to ask would be if the playfield on
the 1, 3 and 5-cube-bodies-scanlines is reflected or repeated, 'cause
there have to be some in-line playfield changes on those scanlines
(that's what we were talking about, wasn't it?)

>> >With love, and no witty signoff? :)
>>
>> Oh, sorry! (What does "witty" mean? My english doesn't cover that!)
>
>It means "clever", more or less. :)

Ah, that's fine. I thought it might have something to do with "wise" or
"wisdom", or even something like "speaking as if you thought you're wise
(but aren't)"...

With love (and many witty signoffs to do...)
Kurt Woloch