Re: [stella] Ship Version 1.502

Subject: Re: [stella] Ship Version 1.502
From: Glenn Saunders <krishna@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 23:34:34 -0700 (PDT)
On Thu, 18 Jun 1998 kurt.woloch@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Oh, sorry. That was a typo. In fact, bar 26 should be roughly the same
> as bar 18, but I picked a wrong number here.

Very nice now.  Best music to come out of stellalist, hand's down.  I
actually like listening to this version better than the real version of
this overplayed single.  I like the attack and release and the spacing
between the notes that you were able to acheive.  It's not just simple
sustained notes.

If you ever want to run a clinic on music routines for the 2600, maybe
write a few more demos with different songs, that would be great.

> I could, but I probably won't. On the lines where the shadow is now,
> there should be some land, or two other boats, later, where the rescued

Or maybe icebergs or other flotsam and jetsam?

I'm not familiar with the game this is based on, but if you are planning
to have some single-line-res guys like TPS, I would hope you focus a lot
on trying to give their animations some character as TPS does.  In other
words, to try to make it seem like those little sprites are panicking and
struggling.