Re: [stella] Linux?

Subject: Re: [stella] Linux?
From: Teknovore <tek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 22:06:12 -0230
On Wed, Jun 24, 1998 at 11:04:18AM -0400, Craig Maloney wrote:
> Anyone doing 6502 under linux? What exactly do I need to get going with
> this?

The tools available are fairly scant at the moment. I mentioned this a
while back, and had intended to write a nicer 6502 assembler that
dasm. (As multiplatform as possible, of course) Unfortunately, I've
spent all the time I would have used developing such an item writing
other things, such as the emulation core of a friend's NES emulator.

I strongly advocate a movement to suggest all the features we (the
list) would want of such a tool or collection of tools (such as
source compatability between dasm and as6502 or whatever).

For example, tools such as an interactive cycle counting program
would be mind-numbingly easy to do. And potentially useful.
(In fact, I think I might write such a thing right now)
Other tools that one might include could be appropriate image
translation programs, sound editing, etc. Using {n,pd}curses would
make it quite portable.

Being as it would be open source, we could then compile said programs
for MSDOS, the Mac, AmiDOS, etc.

RE the Mac: Does it have a free compiler suite yet or what? I know
that both MSDOS and the Amiga have ports of GCC.

Until then, there is a poor set of (libc5 elf, I believe) binaries for
i386 linux systems on http://www.primenet.com/~nickb/atariprg.htm

--
Teknovore - tek@xxxxxxx