RE: [stella] TAsm?

Subject: RE: [stella] TAsm?
From: "John Saeger" <john@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 13:05:56 -0700
To tell the truth, I've just begun the process of trying to decide which
assembler I want to use.  One of the things I'm interested in doing is
testing out some of the so-called *undocumented* instructions of the 6507.
The nice thing about TASM is that the instruction mnemonic table is external
and easy to change so that it would be easy to add support for the
additional instructions.  The major drawback that I see is that it's
*guiltware* -- ultimately they want money.

On the other hand, DASM could also be modified and re-compiled to support
the other instructions, but the documentation seems to indicate that any
modified version can't be re-distributed.  Now that's annoying.

So I guess I haven't made up my mind yet ;-)

John