Re: [stella] Sprite kernel (was: Distella --> DAsm problem)

Subject: Re: [stella] Sprite kernel (was: Distella --> DAsm problem)
From: Ruffin Bailey <rufbo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 98 18:33:22 -0000
>I meant both the code (it was pretty spaghetti) and the spacing.  I might
>have missed something, but is there any particular reason you can't post
>the original code instead of the diassembled/reassembled version?

My cross-assembler is RAsm, which doesn't support everything that DAsm
does and some things are just plain different.  Though with programs of
the size of this demo it's not a big deal to redo the original code and
make it read correctly, the longer things get the harder that conversion
will be.  So I was thinking that I'd just cheat and use Distella and put
in the relavent comments (I've still got tons from Nick not too mention
all the stuff I add so I can understand myself in my "orig" code) so that
you crazy PC users could use DAsm without any extra work.  ;)

>unless P0 is on the same scanlines as P1, in which
>case it jumps over to this whole other section over here, etc. :)

Unfortunately, that's kinda the way it stands right now.  It's real hard
to save scans, get different player graphics each line, perform missile
enables, and update the PF in the same line!  Aaarrrggghhh!!!  I'll keep
trying.

At any rate I'll keep you posted as the code moves from paper to Mac to
Stella 0.7 to a real VCS!  Thanks again.

Ruffin Bailey           |  Write Atari 2600 games on your Mac!
rufbo at bellsouth.net  |  http://members.aol.com/~mactari