[stella] How do I count WSYNC?

Subject: [stella] How do I count WSYNC?
From: Ruffin Bailey <rufbo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 98 16:23:15 -0000
I've been doing a lot of cycle counting lately, and have run into a
question:  How do you count sta WSYNC?  Seems like I remeber the infamous
someone saying the proverbial something along the lines of it taking 5
cycles to give WSYNC time to work.  Distella only counts sta WSYNC as
three. (?)

I guess the question comes down to this:  How many cycles do I have
"_between_ WSYNC's"?  I think if I just use all 76 cycles, I don't have
anything to worry about, but I also think that if I use 73 cycles then
hit WSYNC like this:

LF0BB: STA    WSYNC   ;3

... my timing will be off.  Anyway, I hope that's the case, because right
now a line that's taking 76 cycles including a sta WSYNC (I'm counting
the WSYNC as three cycles) is acting like it's screwing up!

Thanks!

Ruffin Bailey           |  Write Atari 2600 games on your Mac!
rufbo at bellsouth.net  |  http://members.aol.com/~mactari