Re: [stella] Eighteen Sprites?

Subject: Re: [stella] Eighteen Sprites?
From: Chris Wilkson <ecwilkso@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 17:03:14 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 27 Aug 1998, Eckhard Stolberg wrote:

> At 00:30 27.08.98 -0700, you wrote:
> >I was playing around with Eckhard Stolberg's trick.asm and I stumbled onto
> >this...
>
> This does display 18 sprites on a real VCS, but unfortunately the
> spacings between the individual sprites is so bad, that I can't
> think of anything to use it for. I guess, that's why Galaxians
> only does 7 sprites with this method. :-)

Umm, I can't run anything...I don't have access to machines for a few
weeks [GASP!]  But I'm assuming that this displays multiple identical
sprites all in the same horizontal line.  If this is the case, they
can be used to represent extra men, as in Kabobber.  (Don't know if
Kabobber used the same trick, but the application is the same....)

-Chris