[stella] 2600 Programming on an Apple ][c

Subject: [stella] 2600 Programming on an Apple ][c
From: Chris Cracknell <crackers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 16:28:19 -0400 (EDT)
Woohoo! I just had a neighbour give me an Apple ][c that was just given to
her by a friend. I had been contemplating picking one up at the Goodwill
and now I won't have to.

I was thinking about using it to write some Atari 2600 programs. Because
this beastie is so small I could take it upstairs and sit in the livingroom
with it, program away, and keep an eye on the baby all at the same time.

I think there are some people on the list using Apple ][s for 2600 programming
is there not? I have some questions for you guys if you don't mind.

I seem to recall that the Apple][s have a machine language editor/assembler
built into them (or is it just a ML monitor). If so, how do you access it
and save the programs to disk and to the cassette port (which would be
the earphone port on the ][c, right?). If it is just a monitor built in,
then can someone recommend a good assembler/editor for the Apple ][?

Also is there a program for the PC that will let it read Apple ][ disks
(It doesn't have to emulate an apple ][, just read the disks).

Now if I can just find an Apple ][c LCD display sometime in the thrifts.
(I've seen some and now I'm kicking myself for not getting them).

                                  CRACKERS
          (Replacing my apple lost in the flood from hell!!!!!!!!)

--

Collector of Atari 2600 carts - Accordionist - Bira Bira Devotee - Anime fan
*       http://www.hwcn.org/~ad329/crab.html         | Crackers' Arts Base *