Re: [stella] Trying to get back in the groove

Subject: Re: [stella] Trying to get back in the groove
From: ebacher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 08:19:25 +0200 (France)
Hi Bob,

About DiStella, I would like you to look at my disassembler which is not for VCS but for Atari 800XL, Atari 5200 and Oric (all 6502 processors).
You can downloaded with the doc at

  http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/ebacher

It runs under Windows 3.1 and 95.

It is an INTERACTIVE and ITERATIVE disassembler. It means that it disassemble a file into a window and it shows the dump in another one. Then if you see that some byte should be disassembled as .WORD you can tell the disassembler. It then disassemble again using .WORD directive for the bytes you selected.
You can make a file with system equates for the VCS and, when disassembling, you can define user equates.
You can customize the syntax that the disassembler will generate. So it is compatible with many assembler.
It supports undocumented op-codes if you allow it.
You can watch the dump as sprites and browse the file in a graphic window to look for sprites.

In fact, it lacks only the code to detect automaticaly if bytes are code or data.

Because it is INTERACTIVE process, there is no 'batch' disassembly.

Please, take a look at it and tell me if you are interested in it. Maybe we can do something together to enhance (and to customize it for VCS disassembly).

Thank you,

Eric.

----- La messagerie itinérante sans abonnement France-mail -----
Web : www.france-mail.com      Minitel : 3614 et 3623 FRANCEMAIL