Re: [stella] looking for 2600 programmer

Subject: Re: [stella] looking for 2600 programmer
From: Teknovore <tek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 05:48:13 -0500
On Wed, Oct 28, 1998 at 10:55:57AM +1000, Lord Spambraticus of Borg wrote:
> Yah, and then you'd have to deal with all of the tools all of us "stupid" non-
> NDA types so freely gave away to the 2600 community....  ;)

Aggressive, fanatical advocation of freeness does little for
businesses, who don't live in our charmed world.

I don't want this to turn into a freeness flame war, as one gets
enough of that in the open unix community.  However, one should keep
in mind that outside the hacker community (See definition of hacker in
www.jargon.org), it's a rough world.

I've had to sign NDAs in order to work. If one were to say "No way,
this should be developed openly," said business will laugh in one's
face, and shut the door.

NDAs don't have to be evil. Proprietary software/designs are evil.
Having said all this, I don't think that being anti-NDA is "stupid",
and I don't think the person in question was really implying that
all anti-NDA people are stupid.

Take another look at the world, before you judge it. (and let's
try and end this thread)

--
  -/
 |/|  Teknovore <tek@xxxxxxx>