Re: [stella] Java Stella anyone?

Subject: Re: [stella] Java Stella anyone?
From: John Saeger <john@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 1998 07:18:07 -0800

Andrew Davie wrote:

> How can I resist?
>
> > Disgusting!  1000 deaths are not enough for Ruffie. :)  Does
> > anyone actually ever use Java for anything real?
>
> Nothing to do with Atari... but if ever you can't find your slide rule...
> http://www.comcen.com.au/~adavie/javaslide/javaslide.html

Oh the irony of it all. :-)  Not two days ago Andrew, I was running your
push demo.  The version that had the square moving smoothly across the
screen.  I noticed that it seemed to be running more slowly on a real
VCS than on an emu.  So I measured the traversal time of the square and
calculated the VCS framerate with a SLIDE RULE.  No kidding!  Battery
was dead in my calculator!  BTW, frame rate was 44fps.  No wonder people
complained about the flicker.

John