[stella] Slowly Going Crazy!

Subject: [stella] Slowly Going Crazy!
From: Chris Cracknell <crackers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 22:11:34 -0500 (EST)

Could somebody take a quick boo at this and tell me what's going wrong?
I'm just starting work on a new game idea I've been toying around
with and it's doing just fine on the emulator but not on a real 2600.

My playfield flashes for a brief moment halfway down the screen then
disappears to be replaced by a blank screen on a real 2600. On the
emulator everything looks just the way I wanted it to.

The timing seems off but as far as I can tell this is the same VBLANK
and overscan routine I've used on every program I've written to date.
And the graphics kernal (omitted for brevity) is just 192 scanlines
of nothing special. At this point all I was doing was manually plugging
in a playfield to see what it would look like. There was nothing wrong with
it as far as I can see.

Anyways, here's my VBLANK and Oscan routines....

main	JSR  vertb	;main loop
	JSR  draw
	JSR  clear
    	JMP  main

vertb	LDA  #$02
	STA  VSYNC
	STA  WSYNC
	STA  WSYNC
	LDA  #$00
	STA  WSYNC
	STA  VSYNC
	LDA  #$2C
	STA  TIM64T
	RTS

draw	LDA  INTIM	;check to see if it's time to draw a frame
	BNE  draw
	sta  WSYNC
	sta  VBLANK	;turn the screen on

;insert  display kernal
	rts

clear   LDA  #$25	;set timer for overscan
	STA  TIM64T
	LDA  #$02	;turn off the video
	STA  WSYNC
	STA  VBLANK

oscan	LDA INTIM
	bne oscan
	sta WSYNC
	rts

Apart from the zeroing routine and the graphics kernal this is all my
program is so far. And i haven't seen anything wrong with the graphics
kernal.

                              CRACKERS
                 (I seem to be going mad from hell!!!)

--

Collector of Atari 2600 carts - Accordionist - Bira Bira Devotee - Anime fan
*       http://www.hwcn.org/~ad329/crab.html         | Crackers' Arts Base *