Re: [stella] Supercharger BIN format

Subject: Re: [stella] Supercharger BIN format
From: Eckhard Stolberg <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 17:04:02 +0100
At 07:51 11.01.99 -0600, you wrote:

>reproduced here.  Using what Eckhard wrote will work for MOST loads, but
>there is one load
>for sure that uses calculated bank bytes, but I don't remember which.

I don't think I understand what you mean. The bank bytes are fixed
on the tape. How can you have calculated bank bytes without writing
a completely new loader BIOS that ignores the bank bytes on the tape?

>            Bank Byte Bits:  7 6 5 4 3 2 1 0
>                              \_______/   \/
>                               Page #    Bank #
>
>          For example, a page loaded into bank 3, page 4
>          would have a page # of 000100 and a bank # of
>          11, combining these together you get 00010011
>          for a Bank Byte of #$13.  The simple formula to
>          calculate the Bank Byte is:
>
>                 (Page # * 4) + Bank #

Is this just a bad example or can you really load something into
the ROM area? (Bank 3 must be the ROM, since banks and pages are
counted from zero. At least the bank bytes in makewav, where I got
my information from, indicate that.)

Thanks, Eckhard Stolberg