Re: [stella] The Core... where's the beef?

Subject: Re: [stella] The Core... where's the beef?
From: jeffgamer@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Jeff Rothkopf)
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 10:15:59 -0500
>I think the crux of the debate was that the guy really wanted to handle his
>own manufacturing.  This isn't necessarily a bad thing.  It worked okay for
>Alfred's Challenge, but overall the trend has been for Randy Crihfield to
>manufacture carts.
>
>This guy didn't want to take advantage of that, and I got a little
>suspicious of his motives until I saw the screenshots which looked genuine.
>
>I don't think he's out to screw anyone, but just like BSR and their
>development board, ICD and the catboxen, and so on, when you have these
>tiny niche items, sometimes people get screwed when it's not handled very
>carefully.
>
>If this guy had simply chosen to use Randy, it would have been all over and
>done with, but I suspect that he can't find a suitable way to
>manufacture--or is just procrastinating.

Could be.  Still, I've sent three query messages to him in the last month
(I ordered from him too), with no reply, which does get a bit frustrating.
I'm going to need to look through my files to see if he gave me a phone
number...I usually ask for one when sending $$ to someone new...

IMPORTANT:  I sometimes get delayed in responding to e-mail messages.  Feel
free to send me gentle reminder messages if you don't hear back from me
after a couple of days, or even to phone me at 305-378-6133 if you feel the
need.

*** Winner of the 1998 Tropic Hunt  (8-)
*** Screenwriter, Songwriter, Playwright, Novelist
*** Tutor for SAT, GRE, LSAT, GMAT, SSAT, PSAT, TOEFL, English, Grammar,
    Writing, History, Algebra, Geometry, Statistics, Psychology, Study Skills
*** College Instructor and Psychologist (Ph.D from the University of Miami).
*** Collector of Atari 2600, 5200, 7800; Colecovision; Intellivision; Odyssey;
    Microvision; Adventurevision; TI99, Virtual Boy; & Vectrex.  Also many
    other classic videogame and 8-bit systems, carts, and peripherals, e.g.
    Bally, pong, Atari Video Music, video game magazines and game boxes, plus
    some handhelds.  Will buy and trade.  Will also sell some of my extras.