[stella] 2600 PokeDex

Subject: [stella] 2600 PokeDex
From: Chris Cracknell <ad329@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 20:12:52 -0500 (EST)
I've been looking at this interface that links the Gameboy's GameLink
port up to a PC's parallel port and it occures to me that it should
be a very simple adaptation to make an interface that hooks the
Gameboy's GameLink port up to an Atari 2600's Joystick port.

It's very hard to find data though on how the Gameboy's GameLink port works.
But I think it should be possible to read the serial data comming off the
GameLink. The GameLink port is a very slow serial port so I don't think
speed would be an issue.

Just imagine the possibilities this could have for homebrew Gameboy/Atari
games!

I think I'll see if I can find a disassembled Pokemon ROM to see just how
the Pokemon data is stored. Imagine having a 2600 cart that has all known
Pokemon stored in it that you can then transfer ones needed to your Gameboy
Pokemon cart. Great for people who don't have anyone to trade with.

I don't know if all the Pokemon data as well as the 2600 PokeDex kernal
will fit on a 4K cart but maybe you could just have one set of generic stats
that is shared with all the Pokemon (eg. all the pokemon will be Level 50
with 250 HP etc. but their attacks will be different).

                                CRACKERS
               (Bet Nintendo will have a shit from hell!!)

--

Collector of Atari 2600 carts - Accordionist - Bira Bira Devotee - Anime fan
*       http://www.hwcn.org/~ad329/crab.html         | Crackers' Arts Base *