Re: [stella] Building yourself an A2600

Subject: Re: [stella] Building yourself an A2600
From: Glenn Saunders <krishna@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 1999 08:47:46 -0800
At 09:54 PM 3/3/99 +0100, you wrote:
>Which Atari arcade games from the '70s have never been ported to the 2600?
>I think it's just Stunt Cycle. Hey, it would be a nice little project!

There is a prototype of Super Stunt Cycle (really just Stunt Cycle).  I
found the ROM image online a while back and then misplaced it.  Cyberpunks
would like to find it again because we hope to include it on one of our
mainstream CDs...

Anyway, there are a whole bunch of pre-77 Atari coinops which never
appeared on the 2600.  Things like Space Race, FireTruck, Shark Jaws,
etc...  Computer Space kinda became Space War.

Some of them wound up as Activision titles instead: Avalanche -> Kaboom,
Drag Race -> Dragster.

In most of these cases the 2600 title is far more well-known than the
original coinop.  People may not even realize that there was an original
coinop.

== Glenn Saunders  --3D Graphics / Videography / Web development--        ==
== krishna@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx      http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/1698 ==
== Stella@20 video page         http://users.cnmnetwork.com/~krishna
 ==