Re: [stella] some questions about the a2600

Subject: Re: [stella] some questions about the a2600
From: gentlben@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 15:47:09 -0700
> > There are no interrupts on the 2600.

but dont games usually have interrupt vectors stored at the end of the roms?

> You can do whatever you want at the beginning.. whenever you start
> generating VSYNCs, the TV will pick up on it and start displaying.

ah, so the hardware and television don't even begin displaying until VSYNCs
are
used...kewl

> Yes.  I believe there was an 8K bankswitched version of the text adventure
> Dark Mage, by.... <blanking>... Greg Troutman?  There's also been at least
> a couple 6k bankswitched Supercharger games.

well, i thought maybe i could use the f8 method of bankswitching by
essentially
creating two 4K files with code that could in essence be seperate roms, append
one
on top of the other, and then access locations $FFF9 and $FFF8 (since $1000
and $F000 are the same to the 6507) to switch back and forth between 4K
sections...
thats the way i see it...you think that would work?
dee