Re: [stella] Thinking like a computer (harder than it sounds)

Subject: Re: [stella] Thinking like a computer (harder than it sounds)
From: Chris Wilkson <ecwilkso@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 12:32:55 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 31 May 1999, Eckhard Stolberg wrote:

> At 01:46 31.05.99 -0400, you wrote:
>
> >And now pine hates me.  :(
>
> Are you sure it's pine's fault? Over the last couple of days I tried

Yep...it was pine alright.  I hadn't sent the message yet.  I was right in
the middle of editting it, in fact!  Of course, it could've been my setup...

I'm using WinNT 4.0 (<- most probable culprit!)
Running Exceed to login at one the the local UNIX boxes
So I can telent to my student account
So I can use pine to send email and still keep my "real job" separate

:)

> p.s. Final Fantasy on the megacard ... wow! ;-)

Well...not quite.  I'm trying to squeeze it into a 128K ROM, so I can
just shadow the entire ROM into RAM on startup.  That way, I don't have
to worry about which information to save, in what format.  I don't need
a separate "save game" routine, since the whole thing is already in RAM.
Just turn the power off, and...BAM! Insta-save!  Battery backup is working
great, BTW.  The gameplay is kinda sluggish at this point, but I think
I can speed it up a bit.  All this for the low, low price of....

:P

Well...I think Final Fantasy could be done in some form.  Just not by
me.  I still haven't gotten to the point of a single moving sprite.
AND I still haven't managed to do any kind of external RAM. :)

But I'm still chugging.  I've got a new paper design for the 16K Superchip
cart, and will probably try to build it this weekend...

-Chris