Re: [stella] that supercharger thingy

Subject: Re: [stella] that supercharger thingy
From: Chris Wilkson <ecwilkso@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 14:08:12 -0400 (EDT)
> At 11:53 PM 5/31/99 -0400, you wrote:
> >Actually, we once discussed a theoretical way to write a Supercharger game
> >that could save data too using the 2600's sound capabilities and the
> >TV's headphone jack.
> >
> >I don't think anyone's ever attempted to do this though.
>
> I attempted, but failed... I had a problem with the sound "clicking" when I
> changed the frequency on the fly.  I'm sure I was doing something wrong
> though.

Hmmm.  I'm assuming you're using the builtin frequency generators...did you
try generating your own square waves?  If you set up a loop to generate a
square wave using the ummm..."always high" (I forget the official name) sound
type, and just change a delay variable for ones and zeros, that should work.
I think.

-Chris