Re: [stella] Cart shells

Subject: Re: [stella] Cart shells
From: Chris Wilkson <ecwilkso@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 23:37:31 -0400 (EDT)
On Sun, 27 Jun 1999, Glenn Saunders wrote:

> At 05:39 PM 6/27/99 -0700, you wrote:
> >please DO answer, for the love of gawd!
>
> It's the whole Save Mary thing.  I'm going to try asking Hasbro to fund
> this thing as a CG Expo promotion.
>
> Tod Frye will be there, so he should be able to sign them too.
>
> I don't know if we'd have enough time, but I'm willing to give it a shot.

Hmmm.  If you want to do injection molding (probably the best technique),
the molds can cost anywhere from $10k to $25k to make.  So I would guess
that that's out.

Is there anyone on the list with machining skills and access to equipment?
I think the if you have acceptable molds, the cases could be made in someone's
garage.  But I think you'd be better off just trying to find 500 Combats lying
around...or go dig up those E.T. carts!!! :)

You know...toy companies do a lot of injection molding...both in house and
contracted.  If you could only find a toy company... :P

-Chris