Re: [stella] Save Mary

Subject: Re: [stella] Save Mary
From: Ruffin Bailey <rufbo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 13:09:15 -0400
At 09:51 AM 6/28/99 -0700, you wrote:
>SAVE MARY WILL APPEAR COMPLETE IN AN AUTHENTIC ATARI-STYLE BOX AT THE
>CLASSIC GAMING EXPO IN LAS VEGAS THIS AUGUST.  THE CARTRIDGE WILL BE
>RELEASED IN SMALL QUANTITIES.  250 WILL BE AVAILABLE AT THE SHOW, ALL
>SIGNED BY GAME CREATOR TOD FRYE, WHO ALSO PROGRAMMED THE INFAMOUS 2600
>PAC-MAN, OFTEN CITED AS THE CAUSE OF THE VIDEOGAME CRASH OF THE EARLY 80S.
>"I'D LIKE TO BE JUDGED AS A 2600 PROGRAMMER FAR MORE BASED ON WHAT I DID
>WITH SAVE MARY THAN WITH PAC-MAN.", SAID TOD FRYE.

LOL!  Can't you include something like, "If you have some of these
horrendous Pac-Man carts, and feel they need a new home, send them to 2001
x 2001 at the following address..."

Meeting that guy would be pretty interesting (and is almost enough to make
me think about going to LV).  Is he favorable to the tongue-in-cheek
description of Pac-Man?  I actually think it's a nice game if you speed it
up a little.  Certainly a different game than the original from which the
Atari version was loosely adpated.  If 2600 Pac-Man were a clone, it'd be
hard to make a case for copyright infringement.  ;^D

Anybody given any thought to making a 2600 version of Food Fight?  Just
hooked up the 7800 to the tube, and I'm addicted all over again...

Ruffin Bailey          |  Write Atari 2600 games on your Mac!!!
rufbo at bellsouth.net |  http://members.aol.com/mactari
Game Articles author at http://www.xlr8yourmac.com/games