Re: [stella] RPG Development (iii)

Subject: Re: [stella] RPG Development (iii)
From: Glenn Saunders <cybpunks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 1999 22:14:25 -0700
At 09:32 PM 7/3/99 -0700, you wrote:
>> The world is encoded in a very inefficient fashion - it is a 32x32 test
>> world in which I'm going to develop some of the basic gameplay.  So don't
>> disassemble the world-decoding code and freak-out :-)
>
>if i disassembled the code i probably wouldn't get very far :P

One thing I've noticed about it is that seems to use more playfield colors
than just 2.  How are the colors managed?  There are 4 total colors in the
map, plus the black background.  Only 2 colors are ever used in the map box
at any time per scanline.  Very clever.

== Glenn Saunders  --3D Graphics / Videography / Web development--        ==
== krishna@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/1698      ==
== Cyberpunks homepage      http://cyberpunks.atari.org	                 ==