RE: [stella] RPG Design

Subject: RE: [stella] RPG Design
From: "David Schweinsberg" <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 1999 22:40:52 +0100
>I think part of the reason that people are
>getting interested in massively multiplayer online RPGs is because
>something is actually happening all over the world at once whether you see
>it or not.

There was discussion of networking 2600s via a joystick port ;-)

>I think an RPG should have this immersive feel first
before it has a "story".

Certainly I'm after the immersive feel, but I usually get that from thinking
"wow, this world is big and has depth".  I'm trying to doing some research
on other 2600 games with an RPG angle to see how they tackle the perceived
limitations.  My list currently includes:
	Adventure (which I already know quite well)
	Superman
	Raiders of the Lost Ark
	E.T.
	The Swordquest games (which seem quite boring)

Recommendations anyone?

Regards,
David Schweinsberg