[stella] DASM 101

Subject: [stella] DASM 101
From: Pete Holland <petehollandjr@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 15:29:52 -0700 (PDT)
I need some help with DASM here.  I was just about ready to try out the
stuff I've learned when I hit my latest brick wall (and it hoits).
     I am running on a Windows 95 operating system.  I go into explorer
and click on DASM (there are two files, one for Word and the other an
Application.  The later is the one I pick).  It opens a window and a
screen appears labeled, "Finished-DASM".  If I try typing anything, the
computer says it has shut down and nothing can be done.  My PCAE runs
just fine from Windows.  What am I doing wrong with DASM?  Do I have to
start it from a DOS mode and, if so, what do I type in?  My experience
with DOS is just about nil.  Is there some way to run it from Windows
and if so, how?  Please help quickly.  I was looking forward to playing
and creating this weekend.