Re: [stella] DASM 101

Subject: Re: [stella] DASM 101
From: Pete Holland <petehollandjr@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 12:09:54 -0700 (PDT)
Oh, boy...a text editor.  I need real help here.
     By taking a text file, does that mean that I type out my program
on my word processor, save it as a text file, and then use DASM to
convert it to code?  If so, what format do I use?  Do I just type the
command, what if anything comes after the command, hit return, and the
assembler will know what to do?
     Also, how would I handle zero page addressing?  If I put, say, LDA
$80 instead of LDA $0080, how would the computer know they mean the
same?  I'm worried about the computer following its pattern, I screw up
mine, and sending my program in the gloaming.  I do remember this much
from programming years ago:  Precision is the key.