[stella] Cyberpunks Entertainment Product Announcement

Subject: [stella] Cyberpunks Entertainment Product Announcement
From: Glenn Saunders <cybpunks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 01:12:33 -0700
CYBERPUNKS ENTERTAINMENT PRESS RELEASE - 8/23/99
http://www.cyberpunks.uni.cc/
(see bottom for more on how to best access our homepage)

Last week saw us debut two new products at the Classic Gaming Expo.  Today,
Cyberpunks Entertainmnet is proud to announce the release of Stella At 20:
Volume 2 and Stella Gets a New Brain v. 2.0 to the general public.

Stella at 20, background:

Over the course of August 1997, interviews were shot for a video documentary
entitled Stella at 20: An Atari 2600 Retrospective.  The founders of Atari,
the
original engineers, the famous programmers, and some lesser known programmers
were gathered together to look back on the system that launched the home
videogame industry.  Volume 2 focuses on the individual programmers, their
background, and in-depth discussions of the games they created, covering all
eras of the system.  This volume debuted at the Classic Gaming Expo in Las
Vegas on August 15th.  At close to 90 minutes in length, this volume is now
available via mail order.

VOLUME TWO - "The Game Designers" or "One Person, One Game"
Featuring:

Al Miller - Surround, Basketball, Starmaster
David Crane - Canyon Bomber, Dragster, Pitfall, Pitfall II
Larry Kaplan - Air-Sea battle, Kaboom
Carol Shaw - Polo, River Raid
Larry Wagner - Video Chess
Bob Smith - Riddle of the Sphinx, Dragonfire
Dennis Koble - Comments about Easter Eggs
Tod Frye - Pac-Man, Save Mary
Rick Maurer - Space Invaders
Rob Fulop - Night Driver, Missile Command, Demon Attack
Steve DeFrisco - Secret Quest, Motorodeo, Klax

Preview page:
http://www.cyberpunks.uni.cc/stellaat20_2.html

(The VOLUME ONE box art is complete and the footage is currently still being
edited.  It should be ready for release within the next 8 weeks.  We will be
putting up a preview page soon.  VOLUME ONE is the story of the design of the
2600, followed by a discussion of the videogame boom, the death of Atari, and
what might have been had different decisions been made.  It also will
include a
session where the programmers discuss the differences between the industry of
then vs. today, easing into a summary on what the 2600 really means in the
larger scheme of the history of videogames.)

Stella Gets a new Brain

Here it is, the re-release of the Starpath Supercharger catalog!  The CD
celebrated in Wired magazine in '97 and currently selling for hundreds of
dollars is back, and this time there is enough to go around!  Play the audio
files into your Supercharger, either from a CD-Player or use WPLAYBIN or
Makewav and generate your own audio files on the PC for loading into the
Supercharger.  Check out the updated Tools section to write new 2600 games
with
just about any PC and your supercharger.  Plus, view all the new scans,
many of
which accumulated for Stella at 20.

The full preview page:
http://www.cyberpunks.uni.cc/stellagetsbrain2.html

PRICING:

The pricing scheme may seem a little complicated, but we tried to come up with
the best discounts and incentives for those who buy both the CD and the tape,
or those who buy in large volume.  The system is as follows:

All Cyberpunks products start out at an individual $30 base price and are
modified via the tables below:

Volume Pricing (volume orders of individual items):
1 = $30
10 = $25
50 = $20 (email first)
100 = $10 (email first)

Shipping cost starts out at a base of $1.50 plus $1.50 for each unit
ordered up
to the total of 10 units (of each type).  From 11 to 20 units, the base is
$3.00 and one dollar for each unit.  Orders above 20 units, please Email for
precise shipping costs and ordering information.  Actual total pricing on high
volume orders is negotiable.

Shipping Cost Chart:
1-10 total units $1.50 + 1.50/unit
11-20 total units $3.00 + $1.00/unit

Special BUNDLE discount!:
As an incentive to purchasing both items, whenever you buy the CD and the
video
in one order, you will receive a $10 discount on your order.  This applies to
each and every pair of CDs and Tapes you order up to the maximum order of
10cds/10tapes.  Volume orders above 10 are not eligible, as volume pricing
discounts already save you money.  So, if you order 3 tapes and 2 CDs, you
pair
up the CDs and tapes and apply a $10 discount to each pair, hence a $20
discount.  5 tapes and 2 CDs is a $20 discount.

Typical orders:
1 CD + 1 tape = $4.50 shipping = $64.50 - ($10.00 bundle discount!) = $54.50
total ($59.00 California residents)
1 CD or 1 tape = $3.00 shipping = $33.00 total ($35.72 California Residents)

To simplify things, we have a fully interactive order form.  Just pick the
number of units you like, and the scripting will do the rest.  Then just print
and send your order in to us.  This may only function properly under Internet
Explorer 4.0 or greater because it uses VBScript and Dynamic HTML.  If you
experience difficulties, you can click a link use a blank form and follow the
above rules.  Any difficulties, please email cybpunks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The order form can be found here:

http://www.cyberpunks.uni.cc/order.html

HOW TO GET TO OUR HOMEPAGE:

http://www.cyberpunks.uni.cc

This is our new official URL, which is a redirection (i.e. an alias) to our
actual site on Geocities.

We had been using:

http://cyberpunks.atari.org/

As our redirect, but the system is down indefinitely (unfortunately, bad
timing).

If you ever have any trouble accessing our homepage, please use the full URL:

http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/1698/cyberpunks/

--GLENN SAUNDERS
--PRODUCER - CYBERPUNKS ENTERTAINMENT