Re: [stella] Questions of a graphic nature

Subject: Re: [stella] Questions of a graphic nature
From: dee <gentlben@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 15:12:05 -0700
>      Supposing I set M0 so that the missile graphic is eight clocks
> wide.  And supposing I write a 1 to the register that starts drawing
> the missile graphic.  And supposing I don't write a 0 to that register
> until a machine cycle later.  Will the computer continue to draw the
> missile graphic until the 0 is entered AND it complete the number of
> clocks I have requested (basically drawing it twice since the 0 would
> be written in while drawing the second set of eight clocks)?

first of all, you can't write anything anywhere in memory just ONE
machine cycle later, since it takes at least three cycles to write to
memory.  by the time you had written to memory, nine cycle clocks would
have passed and even at the maximum setting of eight clocks, the missile
would be finished drawing.

horizontally, a missile can only be drawn once per scanline per frame
and it can only be 1,2,4, or 8 clocks wide.  vertically, a missile has
unlimited height (well, at least the size of the screen) and can be
enabled and disabled or even have its size changed during scanlines.

dee