Re: [stella] VB40032.DLL + Mactari Man == ????

Subject: Re: [stella] VB40032.DLL + Mactari Man == ????
From: "Chris Pepin" <cpepin1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 1999 00:40:20 EDT

Okay, I admit it.  I'm installing the "Stella" tools onto my PC (as opposed
to my Mac) from Nick's site.  One of the things I wanted to do was get that
graphing program that gives you the binary after you fill in a grid with
squares.  I downloaded StellaGraph 1.1 (which I actually don't think is the
program I remember -- seems like there was a DOS app for player graphics as
well) but it requires VB40032.DLL.

I plan on putting the file on my web site so people can download it along with StellaGraph but I've been kind of lazy lately.

The only other program I know of was a dos program that would rip the graphics out of a game, dump it to a text file and then one would have to puruse through it to see what you wanted to change. It was a very hit and miss program if I remember correctly since all of the graphics files were smooshed together and didn't tell you if the were mirrored or not or anything really. Then again, my memory could be totally faulty and I could just be imagining things.

When I wrote Stella-Graph people had been talking of creating a program for several months but one never materialized. I finally got fed up waiting for someone else to write one and wrote my own. Since I don't have a really good grasp of how the Atari works, the program is a bit simplistic, but suffices. If I ever sit down and learn more about the Atari and get ambitious, maybe I'll expand the program with more features. The source code is included with the program if anyone wishes to take over the project and expand further upon the program. Good Luck and let me know if you have any problems with the program.

Chris Pepin
cpepin1@xxxxxxxxxxx