[stella] scanline counts

Subject: [stella] scanline counts
From: "John K. Harvey" <jkharvey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 12:02:50 -0500
Hi again.
Here's a question for all of you television protocol experts out there.

	Basically, I'm wondering how many or how few scanlines I can have per
frame before I will have any given television "roll".  I believe I remember
hearing on this list that Activision games may have been a little bit
larger than 262 scanlines.  Was this true?
	If I did 261 or 263 scanlines per frame, would that be ok?  I am mainly
curious because TPS needed to be modified because of a scanline problem (I
assume), which caused flipping on some TVs.  Anyone know the limits?  Or am
I forced to stay with exactly what I know.

Otherwise, which is worse for a TV, more than 262 scanlines, or less?

Thanks.

	-John K. Harvey