Re: [stella] PAL television color (getting OT, sorry)

Subject: Re: [stella] PAL television color (getting OT, sorry)
From: Piero Cavina <p.cavina@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2000 09:10:41 +0200
At 20.43 31/05/00 -0500, Russ Perry Jr wrote:

>What I wonder is if we'll HAVE to keep old TVs aroudn if we want to
>keep playing our old games without having to rely on emulation.

I heard that here in EEC, any TV broadcast will have to be
digital-satellite within 2008. This means that new TV sets might not have
the old RF tuner/antenna plug anymore, and come with a digital
decoder/satellite plug instead. So keep your old PAL TV if you haven't
modified your 2600 or Intellivision for composite video yet! :-)

[2008? I bet that there will be some delay..]

Ciao,
 P.