Re: [stella] another idea

Subject: Re: [stella] another idea
From: Glenn Saunders <cybpunks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2000 11:49:41 -0700
At 01:22 PM 7/4/2000 -0500, you wrote:
I second that; it would hopefully bring the price of the hardware way
down.  I think all you'd need was a way to convert the line by line to
a bitmap and then feed that to video memory in the GBC.  I wonder if
any of the GB coders have thought about this at all...

If you did that it would work for just about any portable out there (although each scheme and pinout would be different) but then another problem you'd run into is colors. You'd be using the host graphics system for color generation instead of driving the LCD directly, so you'd be limited by that system. If you can't reproduce all the colors or you can't get the graphics chip to refresh the LCD at anywhere near 60fps it's going to look pretty lame, let alone if the LCD resolution isn't at least 160x200.

Glenn Saunders - Producer - Cyberpunks Entertainment
Personal homepage: http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/1698
Cyberpunks Entertainment: http://cyberpunks.uni.cc

-- Archives (includes files) at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/ Unsub & more at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/