Re: [stella] interlace

Subject: Re: [stella] interlace
From: "Clay Halliwell" <clay.h@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 22:21:45 -0500
---- Original Message -----
From: Glenn Saunders <cybpunks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <stella@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, June 28, 2000 12:02 AM

> At 09:40 PM 6/27/2000 -0500, you wrote:
> >EEP! This is not what I've observed. Systems that put out a noninterlaced
> >display do in fact skip every other scan line-- by definition.
>
> That's not what I've observed.  You can see black spaces inbetween
> scanlines, but these black spaces are nowhere near the same width as the
> scanlines themselves.  Now, perhaps this is phosphor glow bleeding into
the
> dark spaces.  I don't know.

This is most likely the case. Since non-interlaced scanlines update twice as
often as normal, their average intensity is higher as well, causing more
bleed.

Also note that most emulators these days have a "scanlines" option which
(drum roll please)... blacks out every other line.

And no, I don't know why I took so long posting this reply.  ;-)

 --
Clay Halliwell           | ATARI XL/XE   DO + THE
clay.FAKEMEAT.h@xxxxxxx  | 8 - B I T S   --------