[stella] Thrust 1.0

Subject: [stella] Thrust 1.0
From: "Thomas Jentzsch" <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 19:24:26 +0200
Hi,
this should be a nearly final version of Thrust.
MS would call it a final beta ;-)

I've added three difficulty levels (yes, there is a
rookie mode now; i hope it helps) and two extra
planets with very deep and dangerous caves.

The ROM-Banks now start at the adresses $9000, $b000,
$d000 and $f000, like all later 16k atari games do.
(This should help to check the ROM with real hardware)

I've copied the tune, which is played when the game is
over, from one of my vcs favourites: Starmaster.
(Maybe you could help for some of the other sounds. I
don't know how to copy/create the sound when the ship
fires from the C64-version. And i would like to change
the intro to sound like the beginning of the original
soundtrack. I mean those little ufo-like beeps before
the music starts.)

The only thing that's missing is full PAL support; you
can only change the timings for NTSC and PAL with the
right difficulty switch. I don't know if i can make a
single version which supports both. I still have rom-
space left (>4K), but i'm running out of time in ntsc-
mode, and it would cost some extra time to check for
tv-mode whenever neccessary(speeds, colors...) :-(.
(BTW: I can't find a nice yellow in the PAL-palette,
do you know the value for it?)

Please tell me what you think about the gameplay
(steering, gravity, fuel, guns, planets 7+8 (if you
get that far ;-) etc.) and if the difficulty levels
are ok.

Enjoy!

tjentzsch at web dot de |
IhrName@xxxxxx, 8MB Speicher, Verschluesselung - http://freemail.web.de