RE: [stella] WSYNC again (3 or 5 clocks?)

Subject: RE: [stella] WSYNC again (3 or 5 clocks?)
From: Erik Mooney <emooney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 09:14:09 -0400 (EDT)
> The non existing extra clocks for WSYNC costed me a lot of time, when i was
> developing the Thrust kernel.
> To the guy who gave me (us) that wrong information: @!#% GRRR!!!

I could just keep quiet here, but I'll apologize :)  I was one of the guys
who did some testing on that a long while back.  I concluded that WSYNC
did in fact need one or two extra clocks.  Unfortunately, it turned out
that I had made a mistake in my test code.  My playfield kernel had a
WSYNC, then a long string of NOPs, then DEC and BNE.  Problem was, the BNE
was branching across a page boundary, which uses one extra cycle, and I
didn't realize this was happening until a long while later... :(