Re: [stella] Supercharger strangeness

Subject: Re: [stella] Supercharger strangeness
From: Eckhard Stolberg <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2000 20:23:16 +0200
>You can't turn SC writing off in software can you?  I was just wondering
>whether that indeed means that that entire 256 byte chunk of memory can't
>be used for anything useful when using SC RAM as RAM.

Yes, you can turn off writing, if you want to run some code in $F0xx.
You should even be able to write to that area. After all the SC BIOS
has to do it too, when it's loading the game. What you can't do is
access $FFF8 from within $F0xx. If you access it, it will take the last
access to $F0xx as the value for the bankwitching/RAM setting. And if
the access comes from that area, then the last access to $F0xx is the
third byte fetch for the STA $FFF8 instruction.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg