[stella] Joysticking

Subject: [stella] Joysticking
From: Pete Holland <petehollandjr@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 15:28:46 -0700 (PDT)
Howdy, gang!  A week off of work is coming up, and I'm
looking forward to dusting of that game I've been
working on and trying to finish it.  As I review my
notes and get back up to speed, though, a question
occurs to me about controling the game.

The game will use a joystick.  It occurs to me that
this isn't like a driving controller, where it is
necessary to keep track of how many spins the dial
does.  It's a joystick.  Back in high school, the
fastest reflexes I knew were on this girl who between
the time a light lit up and she hit a switch was .18
seconds, which is still more than the time a single
image is on the TV screen.  My question is:  can I
just read the joystick once per frame, or should it be
read more often than that?

Dobre utka,
Pete Holland Jr.
The rarest of all Pokemon