Re: [stella]P2plus and Hacked ROMS

Subject: Re: [stella]P2plus and Hacked ROMS
From: Eckhard Stolberg <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2000 17:55:41 +0200
>I really want to see a stand alone, "make your own games" cart come out for
>the 2600.  It really irks me to have to boot my pc (nevermind *waiting* for
>it to boot :/ ) just to play with my Atari....

But there already is the Commavid Magicard which you can program with
the Atari keypad controllers. It offers you a full 768 bytes of RAM to
put your code into (plus 256 bytes which are used for the display buffer
by the monitor program, but are free to use after your program has taken
over control). But 768 bytes is quite a lot, if you have to type it in
as hexadecimal data with the keypads. ;-)

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg